This is me, uncut and personal in the form of poetics.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Disquieting moments

So it's a little after 1:30am and time just feels like it's wheezing past me. Time moves so quickly now and I think it's because I'm older.

I was watching Starsky and Hutch with my husband and I was totally appalled by that movie when 5 years ago I probably would have been the one who laughed the hardest. It's a scary thought knowing that this is what we're fed: mindless, pointless nothings and there are a whole bunch of movies like that. And it's not just the movies either. It's everything. I don't seem to get the point of anything lately. I don't see the lesson that we're all supposed to be learning.

But anyway, I digress.

Today, I was thinking of how when some people convert to a religion you commonly hear that their struggle is either women or men, sex, smoking, etc. For me, it's pork. That's right folks, the pig. How I would love to get my hands on some juicy barbequed spare ribs. Close your eyes now, people. I am really talking blasphemy.

Eh, just jokes. I know that if I ever had to eat pork again, I'd gag. It would taste awful, I bet. Yeah... sure.

Watch me edit this post later on when my mind is on normal think mode. Hahaha.